Instructions to Authors
- Manuscripts must be in standard Australian English (e.g., organise, not organize; centre, not center). The exceptions to this are (a) direct quotes that are not in Australian English, and (b) titles of texts, journals etc. that are not in Australian English.
- The editors encourage authors to submit manuscripts by e-mail as an attachment in Rich Text Format to email@example.com. E-mailed manuscripts must be in A4 format, Times New Roman 12 point font, justified and one and a half line-spaced. For portrait, the left margin is 3cm; all other margins are 2cm. For landscape, the top margin is 3cm; all other margins are 2cm. The manuscript should not exceed 35 pages in length and all pages should be numbered consecutively.
- Authors who cannot submit their manuscript by e-mail should send three (3) copies by regular mail to the editors at the address shown in the Submissions section at the front of the journal. Formatting requirements for hard copy manuscripts are the same as for those sent by e-mail (point 2 above). Please include a Windows 95 compatible file in Word XP on CD-ROM.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain the following information:
- Title of the manuscript.
- Name(s), rank(s) and institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s).
- Name, full address, e-mail, telephone and fax numbers of the author to whom correspondence should be sent. In the case of two or more authors, the primary contact as shown on page 1, should be followed by the name(s), full address(es), e-mail(s), telephone and fax numbers of the other author(s).
- For review purposes, the second page of the manuscript should repeat the title of the paper and need to include an Abstract between 150 and 200 words. Acknowledgements and statements about the origin of the paper may be given in a footnote which does not exceed 60 words.
Other than on page two, footnotes should be avoided. If footnote material is essential, it
should be integrated into the text.
- Author(s) should supply a bio data (maximum 100 words) after the conclusion but before the reference list.
- Major headings should be left justified in bold capitals; secondary headings should be left justified in bold lower case. Important formulae should be numbered consecutively
throughout the manuscript as (1), (2), and so forth, on the right side of the page.
- Leave a line between paragraphs.
- Tables and figures should be titled appropriately, numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and presented on separate pages at the end of the paper. The appropriate place for each table or figure should be marked in the text.
- The references should include only the most relevant papers. Please ensure that the
referees cannot identify you through the citing of your own work. Refer to the following
pages for detailed information regarding the reference format.
- Manuscripts that require extensive editorial work to comply with the above requirements will be returned to the primary author for amendment.
- Permission to reproduce copyright material must be obtained by the author(s) before
submission and all acknowledgements should be included.
- Submission of a manuscript will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work and is not being submitted for publication elsewhere. Upon acceptance of manuscripts,
author(s) will be required to transfer copyright of article(s) to the journal.
- 10 reprints of each paper are supplied to the primary author free of charge.